daniela sherer /
Peregrine | Teaser
2020 | A teaser for my new short "Peregrine".
A film about obsession, longing and nature's cruel ways. Inspired by A.J, Baker's autobiographic novel, "The Peregrine".
Sound and music by Phil Brookes.
2015 | "Knife-like, Flower-like, Like Nothing at All in the World" - William Saroyan
An animated abstract-narrative set to a lush full orchestra composition by Duncan Thum (also entitled "Blue").
While a man's past experience needs to be surgically removed,
somewhere a woman takes bath and contemplates delicate & pleasurable kinds of pain...
Tis all Blue.
Here u go Dunc. Thanks for all the music.
Do listen to all of Mr Thum's lovely tunes here:
The Shirley Temple
2013 | The boundaries between childhood and adulthood become blurry for a kid at his mother’s cocktail party. In this experimental-narrative short, characters, symbols and abstractions interchange to examine the relationships between children and adults, escapism and sexuality.
Selected festivals & Awards:
- Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film - Best Student Film Winner, April 2014
- Premiers Plans Film Festival, Angers, France - Grad Prix Winner - Best European Student film, Jan 2014
- Animateka - Best student film winner, December 2014
- Animafest Zagreb - Special Mention, June 2014
- Tricky Women 2014: Jury's special mention, March 2014
- OTTAWA 2014 - Official Selection, September
- ANNECY 2014 - Official Selection, student film competition, 9-14, 2014
- ZAGREB 2014 - Official Selection student film competition, 3-8 June 2014
- BAA Student film finalist, March 2014
- HAFF 2014 - Official Selection, 19-23 March 2014
- Filmfest Dresden 2014, 15-20 April 2014
- Stuttgart Trickfilm Festival 2014 - Official Selection. - April 2014
- Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival - Jan 2014
- Anima Festival Brussels - Official Selection (Best of shorts 4 programme) - Feb-Mar 2014
- LIAF, London, Oct 2013 (British showcase)
- Expotoons, Oct 2013
- Canterbury Anifest - Oct 2013
- Bradford Animation Festival - Nov 2013
He Was a Sweet Man
2012 | An abstract animated melodrama. About a woman whose boyfriend turns into a pile of sugar...
Set to a lovely nocturne by Duncan Thum.
2018 | A man is tempted to call his ex: an encounter both sweet and sour. A film commissioned by Adult Swim's "Off The Air", for a show on the theme of "love".
VO acting by Ryan O'Connor | Music + Sound by Skillbard
An abstract experiment. Animated to the lovely music of Duncan Thum.
2016 | A miniature abstraction.
Music by Tom Rosenthal